Under the shade of a centenary chestnut tree, discover the “Logis des Charmilles”, an authentic country house renovated while respecting the regional style.
Ground floor offers first a fully functional but traditional kitchen with a typical stone floor, followed by a cozy living room, leading to a wooden terrace on which you can have dinner while admiring the sun reaching the trees for a relaxing sunset.
On the first floor 2 comfortable bed rooms (containing each 1 double bed and 1 single bed) separated by a nice Bathroom with a large shower, two wash-hand basins, and especially equipped for babies bath (Baby bathtub made on purpose).
The neighborhood only made of fields, forests, and green pathways will fill all your wishes for going out and “dive” into the nature : by foot, bicycle or even horse. You will be able to taste how calm and authentic is the countryside around
Edwige and Frederic Darthenay would be pleased to accommodate you soon and make you discover their relaxing little piece of Nature.
High level of comfort : (Lodging classified 3 stars)
In the Kitchen : Dish washer, Washing machine, classic and micro-wave oven, Fridge with freezing part, Coffee machine, Robot mixer
In the living Room : Flat screen TV 105cm with DVD player
Bathroom : Towel drier radiator, hair dryer, changing table and bathtub for Baby
Bedrooms : All beds are “ready to sleep” (include sheets) without additional fee.
Baby Equipment : Baby special Bed, Baby high Chair
Outside : Tables with 6 chairs for each terrace (front and back), barbecue
Multimedia : Free Wireless Internet connection (WIFI)
Activities on the spot :
- Relaxing sessions by Edwige Darthenay, “Caycédienne” sophrologist graduate
- Tennis-table and Trampoline
For Horse Riders :
- the Logis des Charmilles is also classified « Relais étape de tourisme équestre ® » and is then fully equiped to host riders with their Horses (fields and stables)
- 1,3km track grass gallop and 30 x 25 m sand riding area .
- Many riding pathways around
- France, in the heart of Poitou Charente region,
close to Montalembert Village (department 79) and 10 mn driving distance from all shopping facilities
How to get there
- By TGV Train direct trip from Paris to Ruffec (10mn from us, transfer possible by car) or Poitiers + car rental
- By Road , from Paris drive the A10 in Bordeaux direction, go out of the A10 at « Poitiers Sud” (km 308)
then follow Road N10 in Angouleme Direction and go out of N10 at Montalembert.
Estimated trip time : 2h10 from Bordeaux, 4h10 from Paris, 2h30 from Nantes, 6h from Lyon, 4h45 from Toulouse
- On any GPS, please enter “Montalembert” for the City and “la thomassiere” for the street
- Find us on Google Maps
Activities at 10 mn driving distance
- Where to swim : Swimming Pool in the village of Sauzé-Vaussais or Lake in the village of Saint Macoux
- Like to ride a Quad bike ? Charente Quads Aventure :
Randonnées et promenades en Quads, adaptées à tous les niveaux,
Many interesting places to discover in the region
Click HERE to discover Poitou-Charentes, an amazing family holiday destination
Rental Fee and how to book
- 500€ per week during July and August
- 400€ per week rest of the year
- Please email your booking request to : firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call us at +33 6 85 33 42 54 or normal mail :
Edwige et Frédéric Darthenay
Logis des Charmilles
79190 Montalembert - France
- Dogs or cats are accepted with a 15€ fee per animal and week